Monday, August 22, 2011

Swimming With Guy: The Results

Writing a blog is tough because I want to write well, but writing well takes time and I wanted to get these results out fast, so please excuse the brevity of this post. I will write a longer blog about the experience of the triathlon and everything surrounding it later.

First, I would like to thank the Vitale family and all of my family and friends for being incredibly supportive. Secondly, I would like to indulge in what my old (yes I said old) swimming coach would have called "Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda".

I did not win the swim, but my time was faster than the best swimmer from the 2010 race. I finished the swim in 8:28, two seconds faster than the best from last year, but about a minute slower than the best swimmer this year.

I didn't win the triathlon, of course, but my time "would" have been top ten from the 2010 race, but was only good enough for fifteenth place this year. It may sound like I am disappointed with that result, but I'm not. I am very happy with my performance and even happier that I was able to share it with all the people who are nice enough to read this blog.

The link for the results of the 2011 race is on the menu bar on the right. They are separated into age groups, but my wonderfully talented accountant wife has used her magical skills in excel to combine all the results into one list for me, so I could see where I ranked in the overall competition. If you would like to see that list, send me an email and I will get it to you.

My results

2010 Overall Time : 1:22:28 VS. 2011 Overall Time: 1:08:08
2010 Place: 82nd VS. 2011 Place: 15th
2010 Swim: 10:19 VS. 2011 Swim: 8:28
2010 Bike: 39:00 VS. 2011 Bike: 32:54
2010 Run: 27:30 VS. 2011 Run: 23:17

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, Mike on a job well done. The blog is great. I am sure that everyone who knows you is proud of what you were able to accomplish with this triathlon.

    ReplyDelete